Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Year, New Start? (..... Day four)

Well for someone so young I'm starting to feel all kinds of nostalgic nonsense, the company i work for now has its first set of comparative financials and it seems were doing well..... actually increasing profit on last year by at least 30% Yep that's right have no idea about financial Speak, but understand beating targets, this seems like a good start. We have a steady workforce, I say steady but I now mourn the loss of another colleague, gone to pastures green, to the corporate internal recruitment world. She will be truly missed.
Something I've been so grateful for is the diversity in characters I've met, to work with people from three decades of recruitment essentially three generations. Its played to my interests, learning the history yes i emphasise the story  in his-story. anyone that works in recruitment will appreciate what i mean, is it just me or is there at least of those guys in every office that has a story for every perceivable situation.... ever?

So anyway..... babbling again, i came on here to document at least one copy of my new years resolutions....
- Get at least one follower on my blog :-( I'm tempted to invite the first person out for a drink, they must be clearly delusional and worth all of my attention for reading this far.
- Quit Smoking Bad habit, i know this - I live to the stereotype of what salesman were like in the GlenGarry Glenross Days. One of the best films ever made! Have you got the brass balls?!?! Nicotine, caffeine and raw nerves. I'm cutting down at the moment, watch this space....
- Propose!!! It's been five years! For goodness sake I'd be fed up with me by now, time to bite the bullet- take the plunge and all those stereotypes.
- Challenge myself and find someone a job from a new industry to me, at least once a month, this month a sales engineer. Next who knows.....

This seems like an achievable list..... no doubt I'll add more as time goes on......

Thank you to any bored souls who have made it this far.....

No comments:

Post a Comment